22 things I’ve learned this year
Holy Moly! 22 years on the Earth! Time flies so fast. It feels like yesterday when I was hiding behind the curtains while playing hide and seek with my mom. I was really thinking this was the best hiding place ever.
This day always makes me look back, and do a recap of my life. Just like seeing a short movie. I can say that this year I feel more grateful than ever for being alive. For every single moment in my life. Both good and bad. I wouldn’t be the person I am today if just one small detail was different.
This year was life-changing. I hit rock bottom and this totally changed my life perspective. A few weeks ago, I was nominated for a blogging award and I had to answer some questions. One of them was “What are you most proud of in your life” and I was happy to realize that I’m proud of who I am. Even if that sounds a bit selfish, I’m totally proud of myself. I had some hard times but I’m grateful for each one of them, cause they made me grow. They made me grateful for what I already have in my life. So I thought I could share with you today a few things that I’ve learned in my 22nd year.
- We are responsible for everything that happens in our life. Either good or bad.
- Life is too short to worry about what others say or think about you. If you know your worth and what makes you happy, everything else is just not your business.
- You can’t be good to everyone. When people are dragging you down, cut them off! Even if this sounds a little harsh, you have to make your happiness a priority. People who understand that will support you, people who don’t should be out of your life. So simple!
- Struggles make you stronger. Without struggles, we all would be weak. Face every struggle as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Fall in love with yourself. Because this relationship lasts forever.
- You can start over every morning. Always. A fresh new start!
- Time is priceless and limited. It shouldn’t be wasted. Use it wisely.
- Find a job that you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. Never settle because of money or because of the circumstances. We only live once you know…
- All our dreams can come true. No matter who you are, or your age, or your past. We live in the greatest time in the history of earth! The possibilities are countless!
- Don’t trust everything you see. Even salt looks like sugar. Oh, that’s a really wise quote that helped me through…
- You can’t change other people and other people can’t change you.
- Pep-talks are awesome! Like going to the mirror and tell yourself how awesome and beautiful you are. Talk to yourself! I promise you it’s the best “mood-booster”!
- Writing down things will always be better than electronic! Write girl! Write!
- The best ideas come with a glass of wine. Or in the shower. Or at 2 am. Seriously. Every single time…
- Deep house is my favorite kind of music. It always lifts me up and gives me those summer vibes!
- Coffee is a magical potion and I couldn’t be more grateful to the man that discovered it!
- I will always be blonde. Even if I will try other hair colors, I will always come back to blonde. It just … feels right!
- Mascara and Lipstick are a girl’s best friends! I couldn’t live without them, that’s for sure.
- Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer. The best investment you will ever make for yourself.
- Every day you should learn at least one new thing. Always try to be better than yesterday.
- Party with people who celebrate life! Because your vibe attracts your tribe!
- Your mind is a powerful thing. When you fill it with positive thoughts, your life will start to change.
One thing I’m also proud in my life is that I’ve finally found what I love to do. I love to write and I’m really passionate about it. Now I have a purpose and a plan to follow. I think this year that’s coming will be my best year ever! (We will see about that in 365 days, but… I’m pretty sure it will be awesome!)
So, bye 22 and welcome 23! Cheers to getting older! <3
If you can relate with any of these things I’ve learned, or if you just liked this post, please Pin the image below! It would mean the world to me!